Keep Files Private on Records
Previously, all files on the records were visible to everyone with the access to that record. But now it is under your control, you can choose who sees your file.
It is the new feature in Salesforce Lightning Experience is to control the visibility of a file when it is attached to a record. The field is known as ‘File Privacy on Records’.
Follow these simple steps to secure your files on the records:
- Go to Page Layouts and select Content Version Page Layout.
- Add the File Privacy on Records field to the Page Layout (Content Version Page Layout).
- Save it.
- On the Files Home Page, open the drop down menu of the file you want to change and select Edit File Details option.
- Select the option from File Privacy on Records list to control the visibility of your file.
- Visible to Anyone With Record Access lets anyone who can see the record also see this file attachment on the record.
- Private on Records lets only the file owner see the file on the record’s Related tab, under Files.
A file owner can see the attachment, no matter the privacy setting. And, a file marked as Private in Lightning Experience is also Private in Salesforce Classic.