Cloud computing is the delivery of different services through the Internet. These services can be:
- Data Storage
Cloud based storage saves your files to a remote database, rather than keeping files on a local device or hard drive. Cloud computing is a suitable option for people and businesses for various reasons like:
- Increased Productivity
There are three main types of Cloud Computing Services:
1. Software as a service-SaaS.
2. Infrastructure as a service-IaaS.
3. Platform as a Service-PaaS.
It is a cloud based model in which a service provider hosts applications and makes them available to the users over the internet. A user can access the application through the web browsers.
SaaS has a number of advantages like:
- There is no need to install and run software applications on computer.
- You can access everything over the internet, once you login into your account.
- The application can be accessed anytime,anywhere and from any device.
- Every user have their personalized logins based on their access level.
It is a mode of Cloud Computing that provides virtual resources over the internet. In simple terms, IaaS providers ofeer services and storage on usage basis. It gives an option to buy resources on demand and need rather than to buy hardware instantly.
IaaS gives many advantages like:
- Flexible cloud computing model
- Highly scalable services
- Consumption based cost
- Infrastructure is controlled by the Client completely
- Clients can purchase resources as per their needs
It delivers sets of services and workflows that categorically target developers, so that they can develop, test and deploy applications.
In simple terms, PaaS provides a framework for developers that they can use to create customised applications. A third-party provider can manage all servers, storage, and networking while the management of the applications can be maintained by developers.
PaaS offers many advantages like:
- Easily available
- Pre-built software components
- Apps can be customised by developers without the headache of software maintainance
- Minimal and Cost-Effective development